Patient Care Co-ordinator – Dental Assistant – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon Practice
We are excited to be working with our specialist Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon client based in Brisbane CBD to discover a wonderful new team member to join their established and small specialist practice.
We are seeking an exceptional team player who understands and has a strong focus on the importance of providing outstanding Patient and Referrer care. You will be required to work between both the CBD practice and their satellite consultation rooms (all within Brisbane).
- Exceptional phone manner and verbal communication skills
- Provide genuine and outstanding care for Patients of the practice
- High level of attention to detail and task driven
- Comprehensively understand the Specialist/Referrer relationship and can engage and build on this important relationship
- Previous Dental Assistant and Dental Reception experience essential (5 years+), preferred Dental Specialist practice experience
- Certificate III or Certificate IV in Dental Assisting
- People focused team player
- Accept and take direction and feedback well
- Experience with Prime Practice training Courses – “Front Office Superstar”, “Best Phone Skills” or “PrimeSpeak” will be highly regarded
- Vibrant, warm and caring personality
Summary of Job Description
A full job description is available for shortlisted candidates.
The Patient Care Co-ordinator is responsible for the delivery of high-quality care to Patients and Referral Practices. You will ensure that all practice procedures are executed and provides support and guidance for Referrers and Patients.
The Patient Care Co-ordinator is an essential support to the Oral Surgeon, and the whole team, in providing assistance for all consultations and LA procedures; warmly greeting patients on arrival and departing, entering patient data accurately into the practice software including an accurate record of the consultation process, providing patients with all relevant information regarding their treatment plan, pre and post-operative instructions and checklists.
The main duties of this position are:
- Patient greeting, care and introduction to the surgeon (relationship building with the patient)
- Chairside charting, clinical notes, image capturing and downloading/uploading into Oasis software program. Minimal “Dental Assisting” duties, but prior experience is essential.
- Taking clinical notes
- Surgery Bookings including treatment plans and costs, with Pre-Op education and Post-Op patient follow-up
- Booking appointments
- Post consultation and post op letters to referrers
- LA clinical assisting
- Instrument handling
- Sterilisation and maintenance of equipment
- Dental and Surgical stock control and ordering
- Reception duties, as required
- Booking Theatre lists in various Hospitals, as required
- Booking Anaesthetists for Theatre lists, as required
How to Apply
If you feel you have what it takes to join this exceptional specialist team we would love to hear from you! Please submit both a current resume and personalised cover letter for this position and one of our friendly recruitment consultants will be in touch soon!