An opportunity has become available for a highly experienced and motivated dental assistant who is seeking a rewarding role, within a small friendly team. This role is casual 30-38 hours/week for a probationary period and may lead to full-time for the right candidate.
Periodontics Dental Assistant – Specialist Practice Gold Coast Location
The role will involve 2 days / week Chairside Assisting and 2-3 days/week on Reception.
** Previous experience with Periodontics or within a Specialist Dental field will be highly regarded for this position. Periodontal charting and terminology will be highly regarded, for this role.**
The Dental Assistant will be responsible to provide a range of clinical procedures and staff support in a full range of specialised dental operational services. Assist in the performance of dental procedures. Assists in the coordination of day to day patient administration and office support tasks.
- Provides chair side assistance to dentist in the performance of dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, periodontal, and all other dental procedures as needed
- Prepares, sterilise, organise, and set-up dental equipment to ensure that all dental sterilisation guidelines are followed according to dental guidelines and standards.
- Monitors and maintains dental surgery, supplies and equipment i.e. compressor, evacuator system, sterilisers, and light curing units as requested and in accordance with manufacture guidelines
- Provides excellent internal/external customer service via telephone or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs
- Patient management during dental procedures to include: instrument transfer, isolation, oral evacuation, retraction, and preparation of dental instruments and materials to include mixing filling and impression materials, charting examination and treatment results on patients’ dental records
- Maintain daily log-books on daily maintenance procedures
- Maintain proper maintenance of dental charts and dental forms
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Other attributes you must hold:
- Excellent chair side dental assisting
- Excellent Periodontal charting skills
- Up-to-date infection control experience and knowledge
- Certificate III or Certificate IV in Dental Assisting is requirement
- Able to travel Interstate/overnight travel once a month
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willing and able to follow established procedures and checklists
- Well-spoken and well-presented
- Team player
- Exceptional patient focus and care
If you have a vibrant and enthusiastic personality and share the same passion for relationship building and commitment to delivering excellent patient care as our client? If so, call the DCR team for more information regarding this exciting role.
Are you ready to apply?
Click apply now to submit your resume and cover letter.
For more information on this role, please call Marita 0439 024 878 or Rochelle 0439 000 162 from Dental Connect Recruitment for a confidential chat!
Please be assured there are no fee’s invovled in applying to or registering with DCR – we are a free service for our job-seekers!
Applying through DCR allows you the opportunity to seek new positions in a confidential manner. All of our applications are handled with the utmost privacy, confidentiality and professionalism. We will walk you through the ins-and-outs of the position and help decide if it’s right for you! We offer a professional, relaxed and comfortable process in helping you find your ideal role!