- Be the first point of contact for patients
- Genuine care for your patients
- You are driven, and take initiative!
FRONT DESK/DENTAL RECEPTION
As the dental receptionist team member of our clients well established, high end dental practice in Melbourne, you will be the face of the practice. You will represent the practice in a positive manner, attending to every need of the patients as they arrive for their appointments. You will take pride in your role and work as well as assisting in the smooth and efficient running of the practice.
About the role:
Reporting to the clinical co-ordinator or supervisors during your shift, you will be responsible for administering the day to day activities of the practice which includes maintaining patient records, scheduling patient appointments, accounts receivable, dispatching lab work as well as ensuring that the practitioners appointments run on time and efficiently ensuring the practice primary patient focus.
- Professional appearance
- Exceptional customer service
- Telephone skills
- Good time management
- Able to cope under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
The prime importance of your role with this exceptional practice is to make genuine conversation with patients and build lasting relationships. Your patients will feel welcomed, comfortable and cared for at all times. As well as the preferred skills outlined above, your role will include administration and patient co-ordinating duties:
- Open and close dental practice
- Ensure waiting areas, corridors, stairs are clean, neat & tidy and free of hazards.
- Review and maintain reception desk for a neat professional appearance.
- Manage day to day operations of the dental office
- Answer & respond to telephone calls politely and with professionalism
- Check the daily schedule for accuracy, print day sheets and put in surgeries
- Other administration duties as required
- Sort incoming mail/lab work to appropriate areas
- Provide support to all team members
- Report all issues of importance to appropriate people
- Complete duties requested by supervisors
- Greet, welcome & care for patients and visitors to the practice courteously at all times
- Deal with enquiries both in person & on telephone in polite & professional manner
- Check in patients according to practice protocol
- Verify & update patient information on computer system as per protocol
- Always be aware of patient privacy & confidentiality
- Book and maintain patient appointments on Oasis system ensuring accuracy
- Confirm appointments for following day/s
- Ensure all notes recorded and up to date
- Process invoices/receipts using Oasis/Hicaps terminal according to practice procedures
- Collect payments from patients at time of treatment
- Ensure patient forms (N/P, Consent, Referrals) filled out and scanned into computer system
- Assist Accounts Officer with overdue accounts
- Monitor appointment book constantly for efficient use of doctors & staff times
- Monitor standby list after cancellations
- Manage Recall system
- Ensure all monies are frequently removed from the reception area and always securely stored at day end
- Be knowledgeable about the services and practitioners the practice provides
- Report complaints, equipment breakdowns, patient problems immediately to supervisors
- Promote a professional image of the practice at all times
What makes you different to other Dental Receptionists?
You will have a genuine love for people and have a down-to-earth and relatable personality. You will communicate and form relationships effectively and easily with patients and other team members – you are a natural communicator! You can think “outside the box” and be willing and open to embracing a new way in the Dental field.
- You will take pride in your role, use initiative and perform at your best at all times
- You will use your best endeavors to promote and protect the interests of the business
- You will have good understanding of general Dental procedures and reception duties
- Experience with Oasis Dental Software a huge plus!
- Adaptable and flexible
- Excellent interaction with both your team and patients
- Relates well to others and builds strong relationships
- Encourage ideas and communication with the team
- You are seeking a long-term position where you can challenge yourself and think outside the box!
Ready to Apply?
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please click apply below or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to find out more about how the DCR can assist connecting you to your perfect new job!
For more information on this position, or for a confidential discussion, please phone Rochelle – 0439000162 or Marita – 0439024878.